Join the thin Gold Line
POSTING CLOSES MAY 19, 2019
THIS POSITION answers emergency calls while coordinating, and disseminating critical services with the aid of specialized equipment. This position is the lifeline between the public requesting assistance and the first responders of Kootenai County that include: police, fire and medical assistance. On the job training provided by the Sheriff’s 911 department.
- $17.16 per hour to start (includes .50 shift differential)
- Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI), a pension plan with five year vesting, 11.32% employer contribution, and a lifetime payout upon retirement
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits package. For example, employee-only medical/dental/vision premium of only $47.00 per month (tobacco free rate). View our entire benefits package.
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
View the full job description.
MAJOR COMPONENTS OF DUTIES:
- Ability to stay calm and calm others in emergency situations
- Utilizes complex computer and dispatch systems, working between multiple screens, agencies, and databases, while communicating with caller, and emergency services
- Accurately enters incident and responder records for legal proceedings and/or public inquiry
- Assesses emergency situations and provides pre-arrival instructions for Public Safety Communications Officials
- Provides CPR and medical emergency instructions to callers until medical personnel arrive on scene
- Dispatches fire, medical, and emergency responders
- Monitors and maintains responder status to ensure safety
DO YOU QUALIFY?
- Do you have at least a High School Diploma or GED; and six months experience; Must complete an Emergency Communications Officer Course within eighteen months (18) of hiring.
- Do you possess or have the ability to obtain a valid driver’s license and be insurable?
- Must have the ability to keyboard 3321 key strokes per hour (KPH)
- See website for extensive list of employer provided certifications and training.
Sheriff’s Office (208) 446-1306
Marcia Heglie, Personnel Administrator/Administrative Manager
Human Resources (208) 446-1640
OUR LOCATION: Located in beautiful northern Idaho, and home to approximately 150,000 residents, Kootenai County is surrounded by scenic mountains and more than twenty pristine lakes–an outdoor enthusiast’s dream. The largest city and county seat is located in Coeur d’Alene and is on the majestic shores of Lake Coeur d’Alene. With a low crime rate and cost of living that is below the national average and significantly less than in larger cities, it is an ideal place to call home. Click here to learn more about living in Kootenai County.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.kcgov.us . Must successfully pass the County’s pre-employment and subsequent random drug tests. Must also pass a stringent Sheriff’s Office background and selection process to include: Oral Board, Skills Testing, Psychological and Polygraph Examination.
Please view the automatic disqualifiers for working with the Sheriff’s Office before applying.
EOE/Vets Preference/Drug Free Workplace