911 Emergency Communications Officer– Sheriff’s Office
Join the thin Gold Line
POSTING CLOSES JUNE 17, 2020
THIS POSITION answers emergency calls while coordinating, and disseminating critical services with the aid of specialized equipment. This position is the lifeline between the public requesting assistance and the first responders of Kootenai County that include: police, fire and medical assistance. On the job training provided by the Sheriff’s 911 department.
- $18.64 to $25.35 DOE per hour to start (includes .50 shift differential)
- Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI), a pension plan with five year vesting, 11.94% employer contribution, and a lifetime payout upon retirement
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits package. For example, employee-only medical/dental/vision premium of only $55.33 per month (nicotine free rate). View our entire benefits package.
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN EMPLOYER PROVIDED CERTIFICATION AND TRAINING TO INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- APCO Public Safety
- Idaho Police Officers Standards and Training (POST) Basic Dispatch Academy
- ILETS Level I & II (State and National Database) Certification
- APCO Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) Certification
- Amber Alert Certification (Child Abduction)
- Emergency Alert System Certification (Disaster Alert)
- TDD Certification
- CPR Certification (CPR certified from American Red Cross or American Heart Association or attainable within 15 days of time of hire)
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) and Incident Command System (ICS) training
View the full job description.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
- Do you have at least a High School Diploma or GED; and six months experience; Must complete an Emergency Communications Officer Course within eighteen months (18) of hiring.
- Do you possess or have the ability to obtain a valid driver’s license and be insurable?
- Must have the ability to keyboard 3321 key strokes per hour (KPH)
Sheriff’s Office (208) 446-1306
Marcia Heglie, Personnel Administrator/Administrative Manager
Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office Recruiting Team
Human Resources (208) 446-1640
OUR LOCATION: Located in beautiful northern Idaho, and home to approximately 150,000 residents, Kootenai County is surrounded by scenic mountains and more than twenty pristine lakes–an outdoor enthusiast’s dream. The largest city and county seat is located in Coeur d’Alene and is on the majestic shores of Lake Coeur d’Alene. With a low crime rate and cost of living that is below the national average and significantly less than in larger cities, it is an ideal place to call home. Click here to learn more about living in Kootenai County.
TO APPLY: Apply online at https://www.kcgov.us/356/Employment-Opportunities Must successfully pass the County’s pre-employment and subsequent random drug tests. Must also pass a stringent Sheriff’s Office background and selection process to include: Oral Board, Skills Testing, Psychological and Polygraph Examination.
Please view the automatic disqualifiers for working with the Sheriff’s Office before applying.
EOE/Vets Preference/Drug Free Workplace