The Clinical Quality Coordinator – Research is responsible for developing and advancing the quality of clinical practice through the management, provision and coordination of the research activities of the Office of the Medical Director (OMD) / Emergency Physicians Advisory Board (EPAB) of the Metropolitan Area EMS Authority (MAEMSA) system.
This position requires the skills to be an effective leader and the ability to inspire individuals by communicating needed changes, motivating individuals to become active participating members of a team, and encouraging self-development through a leadership example approach. The incumbent will work collaboratively with the OMD team to ensure that the System goals are achieved in accordance with the mission and vision of OMD/EPAB and the MAEMSA.
SPECIAL NOTE: This job has been designated as a Safety Sensitive Position by MedStar. Public safety, as well as the safety of MedStar employees, requires that the employee in this position be able to perform all essential functions at the highest levels at all times. Therefore, this position is subject to frequent drug testing and requires reporting of all employee use of High Risk Medications identified by MedStar and certification from the employee’s physician that such medications can be safely used while working. Because MedStar’s ability to deliver emergency medical response depends on having a workforce that can be reliably scheduled, this job also requires regular and reliable attendance. This is a high-stress job that requires focus, engagement, and high performance in traumatic, physically demanding, emotionally charged, and life-threatening situations. The position involves exposure to serious and graphic injury to adults and children, including death and dismemberment. A high level of physical, mental, and emotional health is an essential requirement.
- Direct, coordinate and manage clinical research processes related to the medical direction and oversight of the MAEMSA system.
- Develop, design, obtain funding (e.g. grants), and implement EMS related research with an objective of peer-reviewed publication.
- Assist in development and management of programmatic budget related to research activities.
- Maintain all certifications and required IRB training as determined by the research project regulating body.
- Oversight of all individuals assisting with research projects, ensuring compliance with training, education, and regulatory authority requirements related to research.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in the conduction of clinical research
- Maintain appropriate physical and mental health required to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Provide on-call coverage for On-line Protocol Guidance.
- Ensure regular and timely physical attendance during assigned work hours.
- Perform overtime work required in emergencies and as otherwise directed or assigned by the Medical Director or designee.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Exhibit well-developed skills in effectively and comfortably interacting with all levels of management and employees.
- Work effectively as member of the OMD, MedStar, and FRO team.
Apply Now: https://mint.peopleanswers.com/pa/testPortalSmallBusinessLocationSelect.do?random=B6lK6o3GTPyK1CBX&request_token=_l28c1f47VUktrcEyN2ecfPKfAO3_WvcXeF2vBXITrM&pc=992846&country=1&geoSearchMode=5&src=medstar&lang=1&jobs=372887