Northwell Health is one of the largest health systems in the North east servicing all 5 boroughs of New York, Nassau and Suffolk utilizing high performance EMS to provide uncompromising patient care. Our 911 Class Communications Center is accredited by the international Academy of Emergency Medical Dispatch in both Emergency Medical Dispatch and Emergency Communication Nurse System. Full Time and Per diem opportunities available .
- Answering 911 calls requiring emergency medical services utilizing provided Medical Priority Dispatch System (MPDS) cards / ProQA for proper prioritization and pre-arrival instructions.
- Arranging scheduled calls as well as unscheduled hospital to hospital transfers.
- Monitor assignments in the CAD and dispatch calls to the appropriate resources as dictated by CEMS guidelines.
- Monitor resource locations and posts units according to demand monitoring.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Current certification as a NYS Certified Paramedic or EMT, required.
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider CPR card, required.
- Successful completion of Northwell CEMS training program within 3 months of hire required.
- Successful Completion of the IAED Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) certification within 3 months of hire required. This class will be provided to you.
Have questions?: email firstname.lastname@example.org