Quality & Training Manager – Support
Career Level Description
Receives assignments in tasks-oriented terms and supervises subordinates to set priorities and complete assignments.
Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of business or technical support or production team members. In charge of handling single and medium-sized line of business. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from manager.
Drives direct reports to achieve set metrics and business goals through coaching, mentoring and providing regular feedback. Typically, does not spend more than 20% of time performing the work supervised.
Handles escalated issues. Supervises non-exempt employees who generally perform either a single task or multiple, but closely related tasks.
This position provides day to day direction and guidance to a team of emergency dispatch or communications Quality Evaluators and Trainers.
The Quality & Training Manager plans and evaluates workflow and coordinates work activities to achieve volumes expected to meet operational and client mandates.
This role is also responsible for the analysis, scheduling and implementation of all classroom training in support of client programs to ensure superior workforce preparation.
Based on established standards, this position will monitor staff performance and the daily application of organizational policies and procedures, provide feedback, coaching and ongoing development to meet client and corporate training and quality expectations.
The Quality & Training Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and cultivation of departmental relationships resulting in reduced cost, continual performance improvement and increased revenue.
This individual is also accountable for the skill level and development of the employees in their teams, the attainment and accuracy of evaluations across assigned portfolio, and delivering quality and training related analysis and insights of overall program performance.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
· Supervises work group, including work assignment and attendance monitoring; providing input into selecting, training, developing, and completing performance appraisal of work group(s) in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable legal requirements; manage resources across the assigned portfolio (personnel schedules, varying account needs)
· Responds to emergency situations from citizens who will be involved in stressful and life threatening situations
· Responsible for assessing the proper emergency response to situations requiring the combined presence of fire, ambulance, or emergency personnel
· Maintains accurate metrics of direct reports individual performance as well as overall team level performance
· Conducts analysis on quality and training performance and be responsible to identify trends; determine root cause, present findings both internally and externally and lead corrective action plans
· Evaluates levels of process and staff effectiveness and works with Business stakeholders to create and collaborate on execution of improvement action plans
· Leads quality and training task forces / action plans with Business stakeholders (Quality and Training Leadership, Operations, Client, Account Management, and Resource Unit partners)
· Ensures consistent application of the quality process/system across assigned portfolio including but not limited to calibration sessions, review the reviewer, insights and reporting; administration of applicable certification and training processes up to and including internal and client requirements
· Assesses training needs and requirements for the program in collaboration with the client and based on performance results and trending
· Reviews, modifies and/or creates training materials to meet training objectives
· Gathers and/or updates collection of procedural and product information and documents
· Interfaces, interacts with client representatives on training and quality needs for the program regularly
· Participates in Train-the-Trainer sessions as needed
· Coordinates with the Quality Supervisor and Operations on performance issues
· Conducts bi-monthly and monthly team meetings with direct reports; holds regular one-on-one coaching/feedback sessions
· Communicates department and organizational objectives and goals to subordinates
· Monitors and manages absenteeism and punctuality
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field from a four-year college or university with two to four years of relevant experience preferred
· Experience in emergency response, and/or high-stress call centre environments required
· Ability to navigate through dynamic situations involving a high level of stress and maintaining composure
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Ability to lead team in multi-tasking, prioritization, and meeting timelines on deliverable
· Ability to mentor, coach and provide direction to a team of employees
· Self-starter, sense of urgency, and works well under pressure
· Ability to foster a sense of professionalism and relationship building for self and team
· Strong attention to detail
· Must be available to work shifts, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays to support 24/7 operation
· Must have ability to work in an office setting or from their residence (private, secure space required within home)
· Current certification in CPR, emergency, fire, police dispatch is a plus. Previous evidence of certification is acceptable
Elvis Njoku || Sr Recruiter, Talent Acquisition
Phone: +1 437-350-6104