DIRECTOR – CONSOLIDATED DISPATCH AGENCY (CDA), TALLAHASSEE, FL
Salary: $29.56 to $67.88/hourly. Hiring rate generally will not exceed $52.21/hour
The Consolidated Dispatch Agency (CDA) was formed to combine the communication functions of Fire, Law Enforcement, and Emergency Medical Services for the City of Tallahassee, Leon County, and the Leon County Sheriff’s Office. The Director is appointed by the CDA Board which consists of three members: County Administrator, City Manager, and County Sheriff. In addition, the CDA has a 4-member Management Committee, which reports to the Board, and is composed of Chief of the Tallahassee Police Department; Chief of the Tallahassee Fire Department; Chief of Staff of the Leon County Sheriff’s Department; and the Chief of the Leon County Emergency Medical Operations Center. The Board is seeking highly qualified candidates to direct the operations and resources of the agency including developing and implementing work and operational policies, managing the dedicated budget, and serving as liaison between the Board and member agencies. The CDA has 100 administrative and operational personnel and provides services for 16 Fire/EMS stations and two law enforcement agencies, processing about 423,763 calls combined annually (159,519 9-1-1; 264,244 non-emergency). As of July 2018, CDA is a CALEA (Commission on Law Enforcement Accreditation) accredited agency.
- Working closely with the Board and its committees;
- Keeping Board members informed on issues that affect programs;
- Making sound recommendations;
- Providing overall financial management and direction for funding consistent with Board policies and directives;
- Maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders and a variety of agencies;
- Preparing budgets and annual reports;
- Ensuring financial accountability and sustainability;
- Overseeing the resources allocation processes and procedures;
- Securing additional funding resources and community support;
- Directing and evaluating staff;
- Managing the acquisition and maintenance of information technology systems as needed;
- Working with the County Administrator, City Manager, Sheriff and elected officials to meet the many demands and responsibilities confronting the CDA and its services;
- Assisting in prioritizing policy development, projects, and opportunities;
- Managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously;
- Developing and implementing short and long-term goals;
- Maintaining appropriate contact with the media and public on the use of public safety communications systems;
- Serving on the various management teams, attending meetings and conferences;
- Establishing and maintaining data management system(s) coordinated with law enforcement, fire, emergency medical services, participating telecommunications companies, and system suppliers;
- Completing special projects as needed.
- Strong leader with exceptional administrative, communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- Skilled in budget management, be politically astute, have exceptional people management skills, and must be able to cultivate a team environment
- Experience in consolidated dispatch centers of similar size and complexity is a plus
- Requires on-call status in the event of an emergency or disaster within Leon County and may require work or travel outside of regular office hours
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of professional work experience that includes emergency or public safety communications for law enforcement, fire and emergency medical services agencies, emergency management, emergency response management, or a closely related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Three (3) years of the required experience must have been in a managerial capacity
The position is open until filled. If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, apply online at www.srnsearch.com. A detailed brochure is available at www.srnsearch.com. The Consolidated Dispatch Agency is an Equal Opportunity and Veteran’s Preference Employer. Pursuant to Florida’s broad public records/Sunshine laws, résumés and applications are subject to public disclosure.
Questions regarding this recruitment may be directed to S. Renée Narloch, S. Renée Narloch & Associates, (850) 391-0000 or email@example.com.