Dispatch Supervisor in Santa Rosa, CA
- Requisition ID: 2019-6572
- Location: US-CA-Santa Rosa
- Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
More Information about this Job
LOCATION: Santa Rosa, CA (Sonoma County)
STATUS: Full-Time; Exempt
$10,000 SIGN-ON BONUS + RELOCATION ASSISTANCE*
*Internal & External candidates eligible. 24-month commitment required. Must be located over 100 miles away or have greater than a 2-hour commute to qualify for relocation assistance.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the REDCOM Executive Director and Manager, the Dispatch Supervisor is responsible for monitoring the activities of various shifts within the Communications Center. The activities include supervision of on-duty dispatch staff, scheduling, Systems Status Management, and adherence to Standard Operating Procedure, and other duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes sophisticated system status management computer system which monitors, updates, and controls the location and movement of units.
- Receives incoming emergency and non-emergency calls and promptly ascertains proper levels of response, allocates resources to match dynamic system demands and input applicable information into the CAD system.
- Dispatches and maintains radio communications with wheelchair, BLS, CCT, ALS units, and Fire Department resources. The center dispatches over 40 fire departments, 6 EMS agencies, and the County Office of Emergency Services.
- Monitors and documents response times of units.
- Utilizes and maintains professional communications skills with all employees and customers including patients, facilities and public service agencies.
- Completes and submits daily status reports regarding unusual incidents to Communications Supervisor.
- Monitors system performance and communicates system demands to field employees.
- Assists in the collection of data for patient billing purposes.
- Responsible for Adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Periodically ride a shift on a fire engine, paramedic engine, or ladder truck.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Monitor waiting and active calls.
- Provide proactive and on-line support for trouble shooting of equipment problems.
- Assist in modifying calls or SSM plans to meet contract response requirements.
- Ensure that SOP is understood and followed.
- Resolve immediate problems in the worksite.
- Participate on accumulation of QI data.
- Investigate incidents and complaints.
- Conduct disciplinary investigation meetings with employees and a shop steward.
- Recommend disciplinary action when warranted to the Communications Director.
- Maintain employee personnel records and records of disciplinary actions.
- Answer media inquiries providing only public record information. All media inquiries for detailed information will be referred to the Communications Director.
- Prepare annual performance evaluations for all personnel under his/her supervision.
- Assist in training and continuing education.
- Maintain certification in all areas of Center.
- Responsible and accountable for daily compliance of shift to performance standards.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Five years of progressive experience within a high-profile EMS or Fire Dispatch system preferred.
- Two years’ experience as a shift supervisor or lead dispatcher in a high-profile EMS or Fire dispatch system preferred.
- CAD and data entry experience with typing speed of at least 35 WPM.
- Effective oral/written communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Color vision with the ability to distinguish and identify different colors.
- Experience as an EMT, Paramedic, or Firefighter preferred.
- Experience with Intergraph Public Safety CAD system or ModuCom Radio consoles preferred.
- Current certificate holder of CPR for Healthcare Provider, ICS 100, ICS 200, ICS-300, NA/EMD, and NA/EFD, Knowledge of County geography preferred (must obtain CPR for Healthcare Provider, ICS 100, ICS 200, ICS-300, NA/EMD, and NA/EFD within 6 months).
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled