Company: American Medical Response
Job Title: Dispatcher I
Location: Dallas / Farmers Branch TX
Requisition ID: 2018-1802
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Dispatcher I functions primarily as a call-taker telecommunicator and is responsible for receiving, recording and effectively managing requests for ambulance assistance/transport from various sources. The Dispatcher I will offer pre-arrival instructions as indicated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and adequately implements the concepts of Emergency Medical Dispatch as published inPrinciples of Emergency Medical Dispatch (and as customized by AMR) as a minimum standard of care.
- Allocates EMS resources properly as the need arises by application of appropriate decision making rules and approved protocols.
- Responsible and accountable for completeness and accuracy of paperwork related to his/her position prior to completion of shift.
- Responsible for accurate and complete data entry for the shift. This will also include State Run Report data entry as assigned.
- Responsible for generating applicable reports and checking for accuracy.
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to attain Emergency Medical Dispatch Certification as part of the internal training program
- Emergency Dispatcher experience preferred
While training is provided for the right candidates, the following is preferred:
- Emergency Medical Dispatch Certificate.
- Knowledge of medical terminology or prior medical training.
- Experience in EMS Communications, high volume call center or public safety dispatch.
- Ability to work rotating shift, including nights, weekends, holidays
Knowledge and Skills:
Skilled in reading and writing English. Ability to communicate clearly on the radio and telephone. Ability to record, transmit, and report information accurately.
Ability to efficiently utilize all equipment assigned to him/her. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Possess good typing skills with speed and accuracy necessary to efficiently process emergency and nonemergency calls. Ability to understand basic computer applications.
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.