Company: American Medical Response
Job Title: Emergency Call Take Professional
Location: Dallas / Farmers Branch TX
Requisition ID: 2018-1806
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
It is the responsibility of the Emergency Call Take Professional to answer incoming Emergency and Non-Emergency calls using Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) triage procedures, assigning those calls to the appropriate dispatcher while maintaining a professional, courteous demeanor. These calls must be held with the highest regard and the Emergency Call Take Professional must speak in a clear and concise manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming 9-1-1 calls, collect important information from the caller, enter the required information into the Computer Aided Dispatch System, and notify other service agencies for action as required.
- Answer all incoming non-emergency calls, determine the caller’s needs and confirm eligibility. Correctly receive and enter all information regarding the request of a transport into the Computer Aided Dispatch System.
- When appropriate, provide pre-arrival instructions based upon NAED protocols to callers with a medical emergency
- Answer 9-1-1 calls of a fire response nature, entering data into the Computer Aided Dispatch System for the call to be dispatched to the appropriate fire/rescue agency
- Maintain EMD certification – training paid by AMR
- Maintain a professional, courteous demeanor with callers, network providers and any other individual who may contact the Communication Center.
- Must speak in an effective and efficient manner to all customers and associates.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Center equipment and applications
- Assist dispatchers in alerting customers to any changes or modification to the estimated time of arrival of the transportation resource.
- Provide “Professional Exceptional Service” to all customers, both internal and external.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude to ensure a cohesive working environment with all personnel within the Center.
- Work with other departments to ensure a team-oriented environment is maintained.
- Participate in quality improvement activities as they relate to all established “Customer First” service standards.
- Support and uphold established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement, and safety standards.
- Maintain performance levels consistent with departmental standards.
- Maintain competency and enhances professional growth and development through internal certification opportunities.
- Maintain professional, positive behaviors, approaches, attitude and commitment to interpersonal service toward customers, visitors, and coworkers.
- Attend scheduled department meetings and training sessions.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain all department required certifications/licensures.
- Must complete EMD Certification Courses provided through AMR or provide EMD Certification upon employment with AMR.
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays
- Must type 32 wpm
- Other duties as defined by formal job description.
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.