Ready to earn $10,000 on Day 1? EMSA is hiring EMTs and Paramedics for their OKC and Tulsa Comm Centers – new dispatchers are eligible for a $10,000 sign-on bonus!
Working under the direction of the Division Chief, Communications, the SSC is responsible for receiving requests for ambulance service via telephone and radio, determining appropriate response via Medical Priority Dispatch, entering information into the CAD system, selecting and dispatching the appropriate unit(s) to the call, and maintaining accurate System Status Control by relocating units to post locations as designated by the System Status Plan.
- Evaluate patients’ condition on the telephone and prioritize the call using industry standard protocols
- Follow professional radio communications techniques
- Communicate effectively with the general public via telephone in a professional and courteous manner
- Consistently receives emergency calls and enters all information into the CAD system within 60 seconds, 90% of the time
- Consistently achieves alert times within 30 seconds of call received time, 90% of the time
- Maintains updated knowledge of all communications equipment to operate and request service calls when appropriate and ensure intelligent reporting of equipment failures
- Successful application of the System Status Plan (SSP) to daily operations and modify the SSP as needed for efficient operations
- Complies with all company policy, procedures, or practices
- Maintain quality standard program goals
- May encounter need to direct resources during major/mass casualty incidents
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the SSC works inside the communications center with minimal exposure to outside temperatures. The position is mostly a sedentary position working at a computer up to 12 hours daily. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: Must be able to withstand considerable sitting. The SSC frequently uses hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. May occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 (ten) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Mental/Behavioral: The ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. The SSC has the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Must be able to plan and organize daily work flow and work independently. The position functions in a high stress environment with the ability to manage shifting priorities.
- Willingness and ability to follow directions
- Proven ability to take charge and direct personnel during stressful situations
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively communicate with residents, public officials, government entities or political leaders when necessary
- Must read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, protocol and procedure manuals
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Type 30 words per minute
- Ability to demonstrate empathy to the public
- Availability to work required shift hours including nights and weekends
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Successfully complete hiring requirements including Physical Ability Test, background check, and urinalysis
- High school diploma or general education degree
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in the field as an EMT or Paramedic, or as a dispatcher for fire, law enforcement or other EMS agency preferred
- Must be able to meet the requirements of EMT-Basic/Advanced or Paramedic job description depending on current certification level as recognized by EMSA
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- EMT or Paramedic certification required, meeting all company standards
- EMD (Preferred)
Bonus Program: EMSA offers a sign-on bonus for full-time position as a Systems Status Controller in the communications center of $10,000! We offer two payout options through payroll in either increment of your choice. Be a part of our mission, One Team, One Mission, One EMSA.