$74,643.72 – $100,029.72
Agency: Contra Costa County Fire Protection District
Location: Concord, Ca
Apply online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta
Why join the Contra Costa County
The Communications Division operates the 911 system for nearly all fire, emergency, and medical calls County-wide and manages the dispatch of first responders to some 141,000 fire and EMS incidents annually.
The Fire District Dispatcher is responsible for providing general information to the public and screening calls using established Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) protocols and dispatching fire apparatus staff to emergency situations.
The District is an “all-hazards” organization providing fire suppression, First Responder Advanced Life Support (ALS) emergency medical services as well as 911 emergency ambulance transport services for over two-thirds of the county, technical rescue, marine firefighting, water rescue.
Ranking among the larger California fire agencies, the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District is a well-equipped, full-service fire agency.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Able to multi-task and triage incoming calls and radio communications.
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills who knows how to talk to people, elicit pertinent information, and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Committed to career-long learning and have the ability to receive constructive feedback and apply it in your future work.
- Adaptable with learning new technology and has excellent computer skills
- Flexible, highly motivated, mature, and willing to work 24-hour shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- A team player and understands and embraces TEAMWORK!!
License Required: Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License. Out of state valid motor vehicle operator’s license will be accepted during the application process.
Education: Possession of a high school diploma, G.E.D. equivalency or high school proficiency certificate.
Experience: Two (2) years of full-time (or the equivalent of full-time) experience within the last three (3) years, operating 9-1-1 telephones, Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD), and radio communications equipment while dispatching public safety emergency services.
Performance Requirement: Ability to type at a speed of not less than 30words per minute ata PC terminal.
Other Requirement: Must pass a thorough background investigation and medical screening prior to employment.
- Application Filing: All applicants must apply on-line at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date. A completed Supplemental Questionnaire is required at the time of applying.
- Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.
- Oral Interview: Conducted by a Qualifications Appraisal Board who will evaluate candidates in job-related areas. (Weighted 100%) Candidates must receive a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score, in order to be ranked on the employment list. Tentative Oral Exam: Week of November 9, 2020