More Information about this Job
We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots, dispatchers and mechanics!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment’s notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
It is the responsibility of the Emergency Call Take Professional to answer incoming Emergency and Non-Emergency calls using Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) triage procedures, assigning those calls to the appropriate dispatcher while maintaining a professional, courteous demeanor. These calls must be held with the highest regard and the Emergency Call Take Professional must speak in a clear and concise manner.
* Pay ranges from $16.00 – $22.58 based on experience*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming emergent “9-1-1” and non-emergent Fire and EMS calls for service while collecting important information from the caller, determining the caller’s needs and entering the required information into the Computer Aided Dispatch System, and notify other service agencies for action as required.
- Obtain IAED EMD certification and CPR within first 6 months of employment (Provided by AMR) or provide IAED EMD certification and approved CPR upon employment and maintains certification over the course of employment.
- Understands, implements and demonstrates compliance of EMD certification training per IAED guidelines (and as customized by AMR) on all applicable calls as a standard of care.
- Speak in an effective and efficient manner while maintaining a professional appearance and courteous demeanor with all internal or external customers to ensure a professional working environment.
- Assist dispatchers as needed.
- Work with other departments to ensure mutual organizational goals are pursued and achieved.
- Support, maintain and uphold established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement and safety standards.
- Maintain competency and enhances professional growth and development through internal certification opportunities.
- Maintain all department required certifications/licensures, working knowledge of applicable center equipment and applications, attend department meetings, training sessions and participate in quality improvement activities as they relate to all established standards.
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays.
- Must type 32 wpm and pass CritiCall Exam with a minimum score of 80%.
- Other duties as defined by formal job description.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Experience that is preferred, but not required
- Prior Emergency Call Center Experience
- Prior Emergency Dispatching Experience
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic
While training is provided for the right candidates, the following is required:
- Emergency Medical Dispatch Certificate.
- Knowledge of medical terminology or prior medical training.
- Experience in EMS Communications, high volume call center or public safety dispatch.
- Ability to work rotating shift, including nights, weekends, holidays
Knowledge and Skills:
- Skilled in reading and writing English.
- Ability to communicate clearly on the radio and telephone. Ability to record, transmit, and report information accurately.
- Ability to efficiently utilize all equipment assigned to him/her.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Possess good typing skills with speed and accuracy necessary to efficiently process emergency and nonemergency calls.
- Ability to understand basic computer applications.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to perform job duties in a fast paced environment
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than whole hand.
- Attention divided between issues requiring multi-tasking
- Able to supervise, train and lead other employees
- Deal with emergency and time sensitive situation on an ongoing basis
- Able to perform under circumstances of emotional stress
- Ability to make quick and accurate critical decisions
- Copying: transcribing, entering, or posting data.
- Comparing: judging the readily observable functional, structural, or compositional characteristics of
- Compiling: gathering, collating, or classifying information about data, people, or things. Reporting and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
- Analyzing: examining and evaluating data. Presenting alternative actions in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
- Coordinating: determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data. May include prioritizing multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care – We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team – We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
- Innovation – We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
- Vigilance – We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership – We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
- Citizenship – We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Communications Manager
Interrelationships: Dispatch, Operations, Clinical
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled